Thursday, November 27, 2008

Bonus Assignment

1. Are there any issues you had with your parents, your school work, your friends, or your romantic involvements in the last year of high school that continued to be issues for you in college?
First of all, don’t all teenagers have issues with their parents? I didn’t have a ton of issues with them as most kids did when I was in high school. My school work has always been pretty consistent with me staying on top of things and doing my homework when I was suppose to. My last year of high school is when I had my first real relationship and that continued into my first year of college, but it was no big thing. I really didn’t have too many issues in high school, I’m not saying that I was perfect, but I was very quiet and I only had one really good friend in high school. The only big issue that I had was I had a tough time having a good work ethic. I started working when I was 16 and let me just say I had terrible work ethics. My parents had to help me come to like to work and appreciate what I was working for. By the time I got into college, this wasn’t a problem anymore.

2. Reflect on your own personality, interests and cognitive abilities at the time you graduated high school. How did these personality characteristics and abilities manifest themselves in subsequent years? How have they changed since your high school days, if at all?
Oh my gosh, yes. I think I’m a totally different person than I was in high school. I had to get out of my little bubble. I had to take a speech class, which in high school was my absolute worst fear was having to talk in front of class. I talk to people, I use to never talk to people; I was extremely shy, but I work in a church office so my job doesn’t allow me to be shy. This in my opinion is not a bad thing. I have had to really grow up, I’ve had a lot of things happen in my family and in my life that have made me grow up very quickly and realize that the world does not revolve around me. For example, I am going to be moving away to Chico State in January; meanwhile my grandma has Alzheimer’s and I haven’t been getting the attention that I would like to have because I am moving away. I mean this is just one thing that I have had to go through and learn how to grow up and realize that the world really does not revolve around me. There are too many things that I have gone through to explain it all on here, but I can guarantee that I’m not the same person I was back in high school.

1 comment:

KateScoop said...

HI Brittany! We love your enthusiasm for MyVirtualChild. I'm the marketing manager for MyVirtualChild and would love to speak to you about your blog. It turns out that students from around the country are plagiarizing your content and I would like to help you protect your original content. Could you please email me at kate.g.stewart@pearson.com. Many thanks!